Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cookie Pops...Take 1

I just might have to make this recipe over again using a different recipe.

I lost my original recipe from the first batch I made that came out so delish!  I've racked my brain trying to find out where it went to.  So I went online to try and Google one.  I came across Paula Dean's recipe for her Cookie Truffles, I mean you can go wrong with Paula Dean right!?

All the ingredients were the same as the original I tried from what I remember.  But the dough in Paula's recipe was way to "runny" so I added more flour to firm it up.  Then I had to put it in the fridge to harden more to form into balls.  that did not work wither because the dough flattened in the freezer.  Well after being in there for an hour or so it was firm enough to roll into balls, and put sticks in. 

Don't work the dough to much when rolling or it will soften.  Work as quickly as you can rolling and inserting the sticks.  Put back in freezer right away.  If you can wait this long, leave in freezer over night before dipping in melted chocolate.  You can also roll in nuts if you like.

If you want to try THIS one I made just Google Paula Dean's Cookie Truffles. If I find the first recipe I tried I will come back and share it with you all!

The dough was very lose so I had to add more flour to firm it up.

The dough was so loose & "heavy" the balls "fell" when they were in the freezer.

I re rolled the firmed dough & quickly added the lolli sticks & immediately put them back in the freezer. (Try to wait over night to dip in chocolate)

Finished product!  Next time I will dip the whole thing into chocolate.  Everyone loves them!  The tasgte like chocolate covered chocolate chip cookie dough, but without the raw egg in the ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment